Winter Basketball Leagues
- This is a fast paced basketball league that plays on Sunday evenings from December through March and ends with a tournament.
- Players must be a minimum age of 16 to be able to participate (Anyone under 18 yrs old must have a permission letter from their guardian to play).
- Play is 5 vs 5 on the court with all regular high school basketball rules enforced by referees.
Discounted rate of $315.00 team fee if rosters are turned in by Friday, November 17th!
- This league has some minor changes to regular high school basketball. These games are played on Wednesday evenings from December through March and ending with a tournament.
- Some changes to the regular basketball rules. No fastbreak plays and no defensive pressure until the ball has crossed the half court line by three feet.
- This basketball league is for men 30 years old and older. Players must turn 30 years old by the first scheduled game in order to be eligible to play.
Winter Women's League Sign-Up Information
- This is a fast paced and competative volleyball league that plays on Sunday Afternoons from December through February.
- A minimum age of at least 15 yrs old (or be in high school). If under 18 years of age, a parent/guardian must have a written permission letter signed and turned into the recreation deptartment.
- Play is 6 vs 6 on a court. A match is determined by the best 2 out of 3 games with Rally scoring. All games will play regular high school volleyball rules and will be enforced by referees.
Winter Youth League Sign-Up Information
- This basketball league is for both boys and girls. It is a league that will help teach the basic skills and rules of basketball. This is for beginers with intrerest of wanting to play basketball.
- Players must be a 3rd or 4th grader to be eligible to participate.
- Play is 4 vs 4 and all teams are played with a mix of boys and girls (co-ed). Youth are placed on teams and will play games (not scored) during the week and Saturdays.
- Utah Jazz follows the basic rules of high school basketball. Games are called by referees very loosely at the begining of the season with the calls becoming tighter as the season progresses.
- This volleyball league is for both boys and girls. It is a league designed to help teach the basic skills and help them to understand the game.
- Players must be a 4th or 5th grader to be eligible to participate.
- Practices will be held on Saturday mornings. There will be a possible tournament game at the end of the season to show parents all the skills they learned.
- A long sleeve t-shirt will be provided for all players.
Glendive Recreation Department Philosophy
*To promote broad-based recreation opportunities in order to improve the quality of life for the citizens of Glendive and its visitors.
*To increase and enhance the recreational opportunities for all ages, stages and abilities.
*To increase public awareness as to the benefits of participation in recreation.
*To increase the understanding of the contributions made by recreation to the economic development of Glendive.
Department Office Hours:
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Open gym hours through March 31, 2017.
Mondays 1:00-7:30 pm
Tuesdays 1:00-7:30 pm
Wednesdays 1:00-5 pm
Thursdays 1:00-7:30 pm
Fridays 1:00-5 pm
Kids and adults can play basketball, ping-pong, volleyball, and more!